Los Angeles from www.themoneytimes.com — Troubled golf star Tiger Woods should be breathing a sigh of relief after an online adult magazine Playgirl, declined to publish possible nude photos of the golf superstar.
Rumors ran rampant last week that Playgirl was approached with nude photos of someone that appears to be the famed golfer.
“We were approached by a third party who wanted to know our ‘interest level’. Our lawyers are currently going over them, the source, the entire package,” Daniel Nardicio of Playgirl magazine was cited by several tabloid reports at the time.
According to People.com, Playgirl has decided not to publish alleged nude photos of Woods because of its inability to authenticate them ‘100 percent.’
“Playgirl has decided to turn down the alleged Tiger Woods nude photos, reportedly taken by camera phone by Woods himself. They were impossible to one 100 percent verify, hence the unwillingness to go there,” Nardicio, who is the online publication’s director of marketing, told People.
Nardicio added that Playgirl’s decision was governed by its editorial policy of publishing photos only of willing subjects, like Levi Johnston, who recently posed nude for the publication.
“This is a prime example of the direction Playgirl does not want to take,” Nardicio said. “I prefer subjects who are willing.”
Woods, the golden sportsperson who has won a number of laurels for himself and his country, has been battered by reports of cheating on his wife Elin Nordegren.
The golf legend’s wholesome family man image, began deteriorating soon after his single car-crash in which he smashed his Cadillac Escalade outside his house in an Orlando suburb Nov 27. There were then allegations of altercation between him and his Swedish spouse, who apparently used a golf club to break the window on his car.
Since the accident, Woods has been tainted of serial infidelities with as many as 14 women around the US, including various waitresses, nightclub hostesses and porn stars.
The multiple extramarital affairs proved costly for the golfer as it forced him to withdraw from his own tournament in Thousand Oaks, California, just days after the accident.
Before the accident, Woods had a phenomenal career earning more than $1 billion in his 13-year career. he commanded hefty fees for endorsements and receiving multimillion-dollar fees for putting his signature on new golf courses.
But now buzz is that Gillette has axed a marketing deal worth $19.4 million with him. Also, Pepsico Inc. bosses have terminated their 60 million pounds five-year contract with Woods last Tuesday. US phone giant AT&T is reportedly “evaluating” its link with the star.