Porn News

September 2 Trial Date Set for Kocis Murders

WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania — The capital murder trial of Harlow Cuadra and Joseph Kerekes will begin Sept. 2, Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas Judge Peter Paul Olszewski Jr. said Tuesday.

Kerekes and Cuadra, both of Virginia Beach, Va., face the death penalty for the grisly killing of Bryan Kocis in Dallas Township in January 2007.

They are accused of slashing Kocis’ neck and stabbing his torso nearly 30 times and later setting his Midland Drive home on fire.

Attorneys for Kerekes said he would offer an alibi defense, previously referred to as “Plan B,” stating he was at the Fox Ridge Motel in Plains Township the night of Kocis’ murder.

The attorneys, John Pike, Mark Bufalino and Shelley Centini, said Kerekes would abandon an earlier “Plan A” alibi defense that suggested he was out of the state the night Kocis was killed.

Kerekes’ dual potential alibi defenses had compelled prosecutors to submit a list of 385 rebuttal witnesses.

Kerekes’ attorneys argued the list was designed to hamper their defense because it included immaterial witnesses who had no knowledge of Kerekes’ whereabouts.

Prosecutors agreed to submit a new witness list, which will be “cut down significantly,” Assistant District Attorney Michael Melnick said.

Olszewski reserved judgment on a defense motion for dismissal of the charges against Kerekes and a prosecution request that he undergo an independent psychiatric examination.

Justin Hensley, a prosecution witness serving with the Army National Guard in Iraq, might be able to testify at the trial, Melnick said.

Prosecutors submitted a motion last week claiming Hensley’s military duty would make him unavailable. The motion also sought to admit testimony Hensley gave at a preliminary hearing.

Hensley, who worked with Cuadra and Kerekes in the making of homosexual pornographic movies, recently had his tour of duty extended into next year, but may be able to obtain temporary leave, Capt. Sonny Louie said in an e-mail to prosecutors.

“Mr. Hensley is a very material commonwealth witness,” Melnick told Olszewski. “He sets the scene for the events that transpired that evening.”

391 Views

Related Posts

Girlfriends Releases ‘Women Seeking Women 199’

All-girl studio Girlfriends Films has released the 199th volume of its flagship series "Women Seeking Women" via video-on-demand.

Dahlia Von Knight Steps Up Work With Blush Erotica VR, New Site

Dahlia Von Knight has taken on a new dual role as both cameraperson and producer to create VR content for BlushEroticaVR.com and her own upcoming platform, Sinner’s Vault VR, based in Las Vegas.

JD’s ‘Transgressive 26’ Arrives From Evil Angel

Director JD presents five scenes of intimately-captured TS action in his latest Evil Angel release, "Transgressive 26."

Evil Angel Releases JD’s ‘Transgressive 26’

LOS ANGELES — Evil Angel debuts the 26th volume of director JD’s “Transgressive.” The title stars Ester Meninea, Isabella Fiorella, Angel Marques, Grazyeli Silva, Elise Rodrigues, Kyra Sex, Alice Lucena, Kyra, and Husky Branco. “The Elise/Kyra/Grazy combo was a personal…

Creepy Paul Mulholland, Fake Journalist, Stalker

Paul Mulholland presents himself as a savior of vulnerable women, a self-proclaimed advocate exposing the “dark underbelly” of the adult industry. But behind the virtuous facade lies a...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *